Saturday, January 19, 2008

RALLY AROUND COURTNEY


Job 23:10-14

"But he KNOWETH the way that I take: when he hath TRIED me, I shall come forth as GOLD. My foot hath held his steps, his way have I kept, and not declined. Neither have I gone back from the commandment of his lips; I have esteemed the words of his mouth more than my necessary food. But he is in one mind, and who can turn him? and what his soul desireth, even that he doeth. For he performeth the thing that is APPOINTED for me: and many such things are with him."



Our beloved Courtney is going through a battle right now, "a battle not against flesh and blood but against the principalities against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age..." Ephesians 6:12ff. Courtney is seeking after the Lord and His Word with all her heart, and the devil indeed hates it. He in turn is seeking to rob her of her joy. As you know, our COCO is currently in Wisconsin at Maranatha Baptist Bible College. It is -9 degrees today for her and bitterly cold. She has 16 hours of piano practice every week that she is required to do for her studies...not to mention taking 18 credit hours, orchestra, choir, freshman student council, and much more. She will be playing the offertory at her church, Brookside, this Sunday night for the start of their revival services with Will Galkin. She is very excited, but heavy at heart. There are those around her that would seek to pull her down with their words.

Please encourage her today by posting a Bible Verse or word of love to her on the comment board. We need our friends to show that we are "RALLYING AROUND" our precious sister in Christ.

WE LOVE YOU, COURTNEY. STAND FAST FOR JESUS.
HE WILL LIFT YOU UP!!!

9 comments:

Ben and April said...

Courtney,

We are praying for you and love you. I will pray that the Lord will give you strength to endure!

Amy said...

Courtney, You'll do great! "Delight thyself also in the Lord and He shall give thee the desires of your heart." You're a talented girl!

MAMA SAYS said...

Dearest Courtney,
"For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you and to ask that you may be
filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and long suffering with joy, giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light." Remember to "set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth, for you died and your life is hidden with Christ in God."
Colossians 1:9-12 and Col. 3:2-3
We love you,
Daddy and Mama

Hammond Family said...

Courtney,

A few years ago I got your sister a box of scriptures that Beth Moore made into prayers...I also bought one for myself and use it often. Here is Isaiah 43: 1-2 as a prayer....

But now, This is what you the Lord say, You who created me, You who formed me: "fear Not, for I have redeemed you: I have summoned you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you,. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.

Thank you Lord for this message to ME Lord.

Thankfulplace said...

Courtney, we love you and all of us here on Thankful Place are praying for you. You are dear to us. We would like to bop anyone who hurts you, but we know God is using this to make you more like His precious Son. Cling to the Lord. He will sustain you.
Love,
Uncle Ken, Aunt Ruth, Vida, and Ashley

Ice-Family said...

Courtney, hang in there girl! It's rough at times and the cold sure doesn't help any I know!!
"Do not be weary in well doing, for in due season ye shall reap if ye faint not."

Popop and Gumma-gum said...

Hi Courtney,
We are praying for you! Remember that you belong to the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. HE is your strength. HE is your song.
The adversary satan would have you to believe many discouraging and defeating thoughts. He is "the accuser of the brethren" and the "father of lies". Do not believe him. Though he prowls around "like a lion, seeking whom he may devour", JESUS IS THE LION OF JUDAH and HE will be YOUR VICTOR so stand strong. The battle is the LORD's!
Praying you through to joy and peace,
Lovingly,
Tom & Danielle
He who spared not His own son, how will He not freely give us all things to enjoy....If God is for us, who can stand against us?!

Mom of 8 said...

Hi, Courtney! I see we are a little late in seeing this post, but my kids and I will pray for you today. Just think you'll get lots of prayers at once.

Love, Karen, Joshua, Jonathan, Hope, Sara Joy, Grace, Christian, and Faith! :-)

We love you! Rest in God's love today and alway.

Courtney said...

Thank you so much for your notes of encouragement! God is so good. These past couple of weeks have been hard..but as I was reminded when singing "How Firm a Foundation" in choir.. "My only design, thy dross to consume and thy gold to refine." God has been refining me and for that I am thankful. I praise the Lord for the Godly people that He has surrounded me with here at Maranatha. I also praise the Lord for those at home that our lifting me up in prayer. Thank you so much! I am so very blessed. God has proven Himself strong in my life and I am excited to see what He is going to do this semester.

Psalm 145