Sunday, October 28, 2007

And These Stones Shall Be A Memorial to the Children...


Joshua 4 speaks of the Memorial Stones that the Children of Israel set before as a sign to their children and their children's children to remember the Greatness and Goodness of God. In Joshua 3, the Children of Israel crossed over the Great River Jordan and the waters of Jordan were cut off by the Lord and they crossed on dry ground. The Lord commanded saying, set these stones from the river as a sign so that "when your children ask in time to come, 'What do these stones mean to you?' Then you shall answer them...And these stones shall be for a memorial to the children of Israel forever" vs 6-7. As a Family in Jesus Christ, we want to REMEMBER the Greatness of our God. I had not intended to ever write a blog, but after reading God's Word and seeing how important it is to continually teach it to our children, I wanted to record the things that God has done...LEST WE FORGET. This way, when our children ask what "OUR MEMORIAL," our lives for HIM mean, we may "ANSWER THEM."

These are our Children, Memorial Stones For HIM,

Natalia Faith,

Marie Hope,

and Mercy Rose

13 comments:

Courtney said...

AAAA!!!!

You started a blog!

Okay...now I'll go and read your post.

Love you to pieces!!!!!

Ben and April said...

Yea!!!!! What a beautiful post!! Don't worry, we will hold you accountable to update frequently. Although if you look at my blog I am lacking at the moment :)

Ben and April said...

By the way, Courtney, if you are reading the comments, you should start a blog! It would be a great way for us to keep in touch with you. We miss you!!!! Have a great time with your mama and Emmy!

Courtney said...

Yay!!! I just saw your links...

*starts singing*

Maranatha...He cometh...

*stops singing*

Courtney said...

April...I should...don't know if I have the time. I'll post on Christy's. :)

LEST WE FORGET said...

My Goodness...You Both Are Nuts and Need to Go to Bed. I can't even blink and you're posting comments.
Where would I be without the two of you :))))

Thankfulplace said...

Dear Christy,
Couldn't sleep. Went to check on Vida's blog and found you! I am so glad you started a blog. Hi Courtney! Hi April!
The photos are lovely. The posting is wonderful.
Love you,
Aunt Ruth

Hammond Family said...

So happy!!! My girls will be too!

Hammond Family said...

Thanks for making me "God's special people" link....how sweet :)

Thankfulplace said...

Hi, Christy! I'm so glad you started a blog! It looks wonderful. Can't wait to see more. These past several days I've been working very hard studying what we were talking about. I'll get back with you about it as soon as I finish studying it out.
I love you! Have a great day!
~ Vida

P.S. Hi, Courtney!! And Emmy and Aunt Sarah, I'm sure you'll be on here soon too, so Hello!

Unknown said...

What about www.truthtrackers.org? That's a good link too, huh?
Nice blog. The New Secret Blogger

LEST WE FORGET said...

Hmm, Secret Blogger Ben, is that a push for FREE ADVERTISEMENT? HEE HEE HEE.

Amy said...

nice blog! it's about time. =]